What is true for you? Each individual has the choice to believe whatever they wish. If you are not getting what you really want out of life then maybe you should take a really close look at what you believe.
I have spent decades studying and learning through practice and experience different ways of being and thinking. I have come across some very simple tools which challenge the way we think about things in ways that can free you from the false beliefs and control of those beliefs. Ultimately, you should be enabled to think about things in different ways so you can be aware of your options and consciously choose what is best for you.
Where to begin? Let’s start with the age old questions of “what is knowledge, and what is reality”? Let’s simplify this discussion by saying they are the same. I believe reality is based upon what an individual knows. I also believe the thing we can know most is this reality right here, now, and all around us, this moment, this world as we sense it. What we truly know we sense moment to moment. What we see, hear, smell, feel, these all make up what we really know best and are dynamic and changing constantly. I like to say that the senses give rise to sensation which we call consciousness.
Am I clear enough, yet? I don’t blame you if this gets a bit confusing. Some of these words and ideas are “loaded” as well as difficult to absorb for anyone. That is one thing I am trying to do here, simplify things so that the truth can be self-evident and manifest, which it is. However, our experience of truth manifest is quite another thing.
Let’s take another angle. What are words? Words are man-made signs and sounds associated with things both real and unreal, in this physical reality or unreal (man made ideas). Man made up words to represent reality that are not reality. However, we use language as a means to think and communicate so much so that we think our thoughts are actually real. The words in your mind, that voice in your head is just sounds, really. The language is just language. The only person listening is you. So why talk to yourself at all? Many people cannot silence their voice. Many people think they are their thoughts or the voice in their heads. That is one aspect of conscious experience, but symbolic of what is real, or shared. I believe this world the ground, sky and everything in this universe is real. It is the only thing we truly share.
I digress. It is easy for me to run off on tangents. I could try and put this all in an outline and maybe one day I will, but the point of this writing is for my mind to have a conversation with your mind imparting ideas to simplify and empower you in your reality.
Why don’t I use a list of simple ideas that can transform your experience with ideas which belief in could set you free.
1. This world, the physical world is real.
2. Our mind is an illusion.
3. Time only exists in the mind.
4. Language is man made and not reality but symbolic of reality (words don’t actually exist like the objects they represent).
5. The only shared time is now.
6. The only shared space is here.
7. People don’t make you feel. Your thoughts create your feelings.
(Feelings are your body’s reaction to your thoughts.)
10. The only things you have the ability to control are your attitudes (or mental approach to things) and your actions (what you actually do). The thoughts and feelings we think and feel are so important, really are not, at least in affecting this world directly. They are to us, but not really to the world. All they experience is our attitude and actions. That is where we can change, ourselves, and only aspects of ourselves.
11. Numbers, including money are man made and only really has the value we allow it to have. But of course, everyone knows that! Then why do we let numbers and money have so much power?
12. Life is a miracle. We can experience the miraculous every moment of our lives.
13. There is no objective “good” or “bad”. Good and bad are personal judgments about whether we are getting what we want or not. Most people don’t want people to kill people. Most people believe murder is bad because it is not what they want.
Sound like some hippy dippy new age stuff? Well, it is. And then some. Common belief is that each person has free reign to change their reality with their minds. Funny thing is, how can you change reality with something that isn’t real? What you change is your perspective or degree of separation. It’s a lot. I know. One day I will simplify it more. For now, I am just writing some of this out to get it out of me, because it can only do so much good in my mind, but in your mind can do even more if you open yourself up to these ideas and try to understand them for yourself.